It is your first time to Dubrovnik. You want to learn about destination, it’s history and contemporary life..want to visit bigger city, small town and some countrside with some spectacular photo opportunities along the way – this is the tour for you! It isa 4-4,5 hour tour which gives you a real taste of destination with intention to make you come back and spend more time here.
- View from slopes of Srdj Mountain – must see, great panorama of the Old City of Dubrovnik
- Medieval city of Cavtat – favorite place of world’s yacht jet-set
- Dubrovnik Old town –magical place surrounded by City walls and a World Heritage site
- Our tour begins in picking our guests up at the port/hotel and driving alongside Bay of River of Dubrovnik, passing Renaissance summer estates of Dubrovnik nobility and our Dubrovnik Yacht Marina safely situated in its very end.
- After cruising Marina we would be driving up to the sloped of Srdj mountain, stopping at 2 sites (only private tours go to the slopes of the mountain Srdj, other organize bus tours stop at 230 m altitude).
- After marveling the beauty of the Old City of Dubrovnik, island of Lokrum and overall panorama (from the top of mountain one can see Bosnia and Hercegowina as well as Montenegro), we continue south to the most southern Croatian region of Konavle.
- Passing alongside small tourist villages of Zupa Dubrovacka, all destroyed in Croatia’s Homeland war but all rebuilt and their beauty restored we the small medieval city of Cavtat (once the city of rich ship-owners and captains, today a favorite destination for world’s yacht jet set) where group would visit the center, stop for coffee or ice cream and than drive back to Dubrovnik. In Cavtat we will also visit Our Lady of the Snow church with stunning painting of St.Michael
- Fllowing Cavtat we would drive to the Old City of Dubrovnik where you would walk its streets with one of our licenced guides visiting all major sites and hearing all the important stories of its past and present (Dubrovnik city tour described in detailed below)DUBROVNIK CITY TOUR: Our normal private walking tour lasts 1,5 hours. During this time the tour would cover all major sites in the Old City (Franciscan and Dominican church and monasteries, Great and small Onofrio’s fountain, Main street – Stradun, Orlando’s Column, Bell Tower, Sponza Palace, Rector’s Palace, Old Farmers’ Market, Cathedral, St. Blasé church, 15. ct. Old City Port). During the tour we do our best to present you with history and contemporary life in Dubrovnik starting from 7.ct through more than its 1300 years fighting for its independence, protecting its freedom through sieges, disease, natural disasters and wars all to the last war in 1991-1995. Since all of guides are from Dubrovnik, 3 of us from the old city, we can best describe you the life of Dubrovnik today and 30 years ago, but also to give you insight of what people do, what are some of the customs in our city, celebrations, economy and cuisine. If you have any special interests, please let us know during the tour and we will try to tailor the tour according to your preferences!
- After the tour our guides would give you tips where and what to shop for and where to eat, leave you for your free time and at agreed timings meet with you and take you to the cruise port.
- Air conditioned minibus/van or car
- Licensed tour guide service during the whole tour
- Visits all along the proposed route
- Cavtat and Dubrovnik guided tours
- Port entrance fee, parking etc
- Transport from and to the port
Tour does not include:
- food and drinks along the way other than mentioned in the tour program (snack at the watermill can be preordered and paid extra)
- entrance tickets to any of the sights not mentioned in the tour program
- entrance tickets to the City Walls
- latter return ride from Old City to port/hotel (if previously not agreed upon)
- boat ride to beautiful pebble St. James beach for swimming, sunbathing, kayaking, jet-ski and/or lunch
Inquiry form (we usually answer in less then 6 hours)
Please inquire for any details and prices!