Youlike history and countryside, to try the local food and wine and generally to see a lot in a one day – not a problem!
- Slopes of Srdj Mountain – must see, great panorama of the Old City of Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Old Town – magical medieval center of the city encircled by city walls
- Ston – gothic city, surrounded by 6 kilometers of city walls and its famous salt pains
- Vukas family Vinary – great wine, liqueur, cheese and organic olive oil together with prosciutto and home made cheese
- Our tour begins in picking our guests up at the port/hotel and driving alongside Bay of River of Dubrovnik, passing Renaissance summer estates of Dubrovnik nobility and our Dubrovnik Yacht Marina safely situated in its very end.
- After cruising Marina we would be driving over the slopes of Srdj mountain above Dubrovnik, stopping at 2 sites (only smaller vehicles go to mountain Srdj), other organize bus tours stop at 230 m altitude).
- After marveling the beauty of the Old City of Dubrovnik, island of Lokrum and overall panorama (from the top of mountain one can see Bosnia and Hercegowina as well as Montenegro), we continue to the Old City of Dubrovnik where you would walk its streets with one of our licenced guides visiting all major sites and hearing all the important stories of its past and present (Dubrovnik city tour described in detailed below).DUBROVNIK CITY TOUR:
Our normal private walking tour lasts 1,5 hours. During this time the tour would cover all major sites in the Old City (Franciscan and Dominican church and monasteries, Great and small Onofrio’s fountain, Main street – Stradun, Orlando’s Column, Bell Tower, Sponza Palace, Rector’s Palace, Old Farmers’ Market, Cathedral, St. Blasé church, 15. ct. Old City Port). During the tour we do our best to present you with history and contemporary life in Dubrovnik starting from 7.ct through more than its 1300 years fighting for its independence, protecting its freedom through sieges, disease, natural disasters and wars all to the last war in 1991-1995. Since all of guides are from Dubrovnik, 3 of us from the old city, we can best describe you the life of Dubrovnik today and 30 years ago, but also to give you insight of what people do, what are some of the customs in our city, celebrations, economy and cuisine. If you have any special interests, please let us know during the tour and we will try to tailor the tour according to your preferences!
- Following the tour our guides would give you a bit of free time (for some shopping) and afterwords we will continue towards Peljesac
- We will drive northwest alongside Adriatic coast passing villages of Orasac, Trsteno (known for its beautiful Arboretum botanical garden) and Slano, with Elaphiti islands following the coastline and safeguarding it from rough seas.
- After 45 mins drive we cross to pensinula of Peljesac with bay of Mali Ston parting us from the mainland as the peninsula bends towards the open sea. We will pass the city of Ston and drive for 10 mins through the vineyards to the village of Potomje where we would stop in small private vinary of Vukas family for the presentation of their products and wine, cheese and organic olive oil tastings – do try one (or all) of their 18 different liquers made out of the local Mediterranean fruit.
- From Vukas vinary we will turn back 9 km to to Ston – medieval city famous for its great city walls – second largest preserved fortification system in the world, its charming gothic center and its salt pains – major money generator in medieval times (salt was very dear and in demand in those days). After the tour of Ston, you can stop in one of famous Ston or Mali Ston restaurants to try some of its delicious sea food.
- After lunch we will continue back to the Dubrovnik port (around 50 mins drive)
- Air conditioned minibus/minivan or personal car
- English speaking driver / guide
- Visits all along the proposed route, presentations and demonstration of wine and liquors and organic olive in Ponikve winery
- City tour of Ston
- Port pickup and drop off
- Port entrance fee, parking etc
Tour does not include:
- food and drinks along the way (other than specified in the tour specs)
- entrance tickets to museums or city walls in Dubrovnik
- entrance tickets to Ston city walls or Ston salt pains – if you choose to visit them
- latter return ride from Old City to port/hotel (if previously not agreed upon)
Optional (paid additionally):
TOUR DURATION 7,5-8 h (depending on the traffic and lunch/dinner time in Ston)
- Visit to Trsteno arboretum
- Full lunch or dinner in one of famous Ston or Mali Ston seafood restaurants
- Oyster picking by private boat with one of the local private oyster producers (this is paid separately and can be confirmed no earlier than 4 days before the tour)
WARNING: If you are coming by cruise ship, please inform your driver/guide when is your final boarding time. We always plan for this tour to finish 60 min before your final boarding time.
Inquiry form (we usually answer in less then 6 hours)
Please inquire for any details and prices!