Croatia’ssecond longest peninsula Peljesac – famous for its red wine Dingac and Postup, delicious oysters and mussels growing in the brackish waters of Mali Ston bay, Ston city walls and its salt pains lays less than an hour drive from the city of Dubrovnik.
Join us for the tour of Peljesac and discover its hidden pleasures with us.
- Ston – Gothic medieval city, surrounded by 6 kilometers of city walls and its famous salt pains
- Dingac Hills – most famous Croatian wine brand where grapes grow on 60 degree inclined slopes
- Vukas family Vinary – great wine, liqueur, cheese and organic olive oil together with prosciutto and home made cheese
- Our tour starts from Dubrovnik (port or hotel) and we drive northwest alongside Adriatic coast passing villages of Orasac, Trsteno (known for its beautiful Arboretum botanical garden) and Slano, with Elaphiti islands following the coastline and safeguarding it from rough seas.
- After 45 mins drive we cross to pensinula of Peljesac with bay of Mali Ston parting us from the mainland as the peninsula bends towards the open sea. Soon we arrive to Ston, medieval city famous for its great city walls – second largest preserved fortification system in the world, its charming gothic center and its salt pains – major money generator in medieval times (salt was very dear and in demand in those days).
- We will have a walk in the Ston where you would learn about Ston’s history and see major sites after which we continue towards the wineyards of Peljesac.
- Passing from one valley to another, from the beaches of village Zuljana to the little fisherman village of Trstenik, finally coming to the most beautiful scenic parts of steep cliffs of Dingac where wine grows on 60 degree incline, you will hear the story about the wine and its uniqueness. Passing through a man-made tunnel (made in 1970) we will enter the village of Potomje where we will stop at one/possibly at 2 biggest winaries in this region – for you to try some Postup and Dingac but also local liquers and grappa
- Following wine tasting we will be driving back but this time another side of Peljesac peninsula passing villages of Janjina, Drace, Dubrava stopping at Ponikve village, also famous for its wine production where we would have a snack (prosciutto, cheese or some oysters) and another wine tasting but this time in small private vinary of Vukas family, where you can, besides wine try one (or all) of their 18 different liquers made out of the local Mediterranean fruit and their organically grown extra virgin olive oil
- After the snack, wine and break, we will continue back to Dubrovnik port/hotel, with possible WC or photostops along the way
- Air conditioned minibus/van or personal car
- English speaking driver / guide
- Visits all along the proposed route, presentations and demonstration of wine and liquors 2 (or 3) wineries, cheese & olive oil tasting in Vukas winery
- Orientation tour of Ston
- Port/hotel pickup and drop off
- Port entrance fee, parking etc
Tour does not include:
- food and drinks along the way (other than specified in the tour specs)
- entrance tickets to Ston city walls or Ston salt pains – if you choose to visit them
Optional (paid additionally):
- Visit to Trsteno arboretum
- Full lunch or dinner in one of famous Ston or Mali Ston seafood restaurants
- Oyster picking by private boat with one of the local private oyster producers (this is paid separately and can be confirmed no earlier than 4 days before the tour)
WARNING: If you are coming by cruise ship, please inform your driver/guide when is your final boarding time. We always plan for this tour to finish 60 min before your final boarding time
Inquiry form (we usually answer in less then 6 hours)
Please inquire for any details and prices!