Croatia’ssecond longest peninsula Peljesac – famous for its red wine Dingac and Postup, delicious oysters and mussels growing in the brackish waters of Mali Ston bay, Ston city walls and its salt pans lay less than an hour drive from the city of Dubrovnik.
Join us for the tour of Peljesac and discover its hidden pleasures with us.
- Ston – Gothic medieval city, surrounded by 6 kilometers of city walls and its famous salt pans
- Dingac Hills – most famous Croatian wine brand where grapes grow on 60 degree inclined slopes
- Local boutique wineries – great wine, liqueur, cheese and organic olive oil together with homemade bites
- Our tour starts from Dubrovnik (port or hotel) and we drive northwest alongside Adriatic coast passing villages of Orasac, Trsteno (known for its beautiful Arboretum botanical garden) and Slano, with Elaphiti islands following the coastline and safeguarding it from rough seas.
- After 45 mins drive we cross to peninsula of Peljesac with bay of Mali Ston parting us from the mainland as the peninsula bends towards the open sea. Soon we arrive to Ston, medieval city famous for its great city walls – second largest preserved fortification system in the world, its charming Gothic center and its salt pans – major money generator in medieval times (salt was very dear and in demand in those days).
- We will have a walk in the Ston where you would learn about Ston’s history and see major sites after which we continue towards the vineyards of Peljesac.
- Passing from one valley to another, from the beaches of village Zuljana to the little fisherman village of Trstenik, finally coming to the most beautiful scenic parts of steep cliffs of Dingac where wine grows on 60 degree incline, you will hear the story about the wine and its uniqueness. Passing through a man-made tunnel (made in 1970) we will enter the village of Potomje where we will stop at one/possibly at 2 biggest wineries in this region – for you to try some Postup and Dingac but also local liqueurs and grappa
- Following wine tasting we will be driving back but this time along another side of Peljesac peninsula passing villages of Janjina, Drace, Dubrava stopping at Ponikve village, and visiting another private boutique winery, and hearing stories about wine making told by owners themselves
- After Ponikve, we will continue back to Dubrovnik port/hotel, with possible WC or photo-stops along the way
- Air conditioned minibus/van or personal car
- English speaking driver / guide
- Visits all along the proposed route, presentations and demonstration of wine and liquors in 2 (or 3) wineries, accompanied by small homemade bites
- Orientational tour of Ston
- Port/hotel pickup and drop off
- Port entrance fee, car parking etc
Tour does not include:
- food and drinks along the way (other than specified in the tour specs)
- entrance tickets to Ston city walls or Ston salt pans – if you choose to visit them
Optional (paid additionally):
- Visit to Trsteno arboretum
- Full lunch or dinner in one of famous Ston or Mali Ston seafood restaurants
- Oyster picking by private boat with one of the local private oyster producers
WARNING: If you are coming by cruise ship, please inform your driver/guide when is your final boarding time. We always plan for this tour to finish 60 min before your final boarding time
Inquiry form (we usually answer in less then 6 hours)
Please inquire for any details and prices!