- Our tour begins by picking our guests up at the port/hotel and driving alongside Bay of River of Dubrovnik. We’ll pass Renaissance summer estates of Dubrovnik nobility and our Dubrovnik Yacht Marina safely situated in its very end.
- After cruising Marina we would be driving over the slopes of Srdj mountain above Dubrovnik, stopping at 2 sites. Only smaller vehicles go to mountain Srdj while other organized bus tours stop at 230 m altitude.
- After marveling the beauty of the Old Town of Dubrovnik, Lokrum Island and overall panorama (from the top of mountain one can see Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as Montenegro), we continue to the Old Town of Dubrovnik. There you would walk its streets with one of our licensed guides visiting all major sites and hearing all the important stories of its past and present. Dubrovnik Old Town Tour is described in detailed below.
DUBROVNIK CITY TOUR: Our normal private walking tour lasts 1,5 hours. During this time the tour covers all major sites in the Old City. Most interesting are Franciscan and Dominican church and monasteries, Great and small Onofrio’s fountain, Main street – Stradun, Orlando’s Column, Bell Tower, Sponza Palace, Rector’s Palace, Old Farmers’ Market, Cathedral, St. Blasé church and 15. ct. Old City Port. During the tour we do our best to present you with the history and contemporary life in Dubrovnik starting from 7.ct through more than its 1300 years struggle for independence. How Dubrovnik survived protecting its freedom through sieges, disease, natural disasters and wars up to the last war in 1991-1995. All of guides are from Dubrovnik and 3 of them are from the old city making us competent to describe the life of Dubrovnik today and 30 years ago. You’ll also find out what people do, the customs in our city, celebrations, economy and cuisine. If you have any special interests, please let us know during the tour and we will try to tailor the tour according to your preferences!
- Following the tour our guides would give you a bit of free time (for some shopping) and afterwords we will continue towards Peljesac
- We will drive northwest alongside Adriatic coast passing villages of Orasac, Trsteno (known for its beautiful Arboretum botanical garden) and Slano, with Elaphiti islands following the coastline and safeguarding it from rough seas.
- After 45 mins drive we cross to peninsula of Peljesac with bay of Mali Ston parting us from the mainland as the peninsula bends towards the open sea. We will pass the city of Ston and drive for 10 mins through the vineyards to the village of Ponikve. There we stop in one of the boutique wineries for presentation and tasting of their products and wine, liquers and organic olive oil.
- From Ponikve winery we will turn back 9 km to to Ston. It is a medieval city famous for its great city walls, probably second largest preserved fortification system in the world. Hope you will enjoy its charming Gothic center and its salt pans that used to be major money generator in medieval times (salt was very dear and in demand in those days). After the tour of Ston, you can stop in one of famous Ston or Mali Ston restaurants to try some of its delicious sea food.
- After lunch we will continue back to the Dubrovnik port/hotel (around 50 mins drive)