Peljesac Wine & Ston Oysters PRIVATE HALF DAY Tour
Croatia’s second longest peninsula Peljesac is famous for its red wine based on Plavac Mali wine sort, delicious oysters and mussels growing in the brackish waters of Mali Ston bay. Ston city walls and its salt pans lay less than an hour drive from the city of Dubrovnik.
Join us for the tour of Peljesac and discover its hidden pleasures.
- Ston – Gothic medieval town, surrounded by 6 kilometers of city walls and its famous 14. salt panes
- Private boat ride with local fisherman to his oyster beds followed by oyster tasting on site (5 oysters accompanied with white wine)
- Local boutique winery – great wine, liqueur, and organic olive oil tasting together with homemade bite-sized delicacies
- Our tour starts from Dubrovnik (port or hotel) and we drive northwest alongside Adriatic coast. We’ll pass villages of Orasac, Trsteno (known for its beautiful Arboretum botanical garden) and Slano, with Elaphiti islands following the coastline and safeguarding it from rough seas.
- After 50 mins drive we cross to Peljesac penindusla and stop in small town of Mali Ston. Our fisherman is waiting with his boat and we take a ride together to his oyster beds, followed by oyster tasting on site.
- 15 min scenic drive from Mali Ston through Peljesac vineyards to village of Ponikve famous for its Plavac Mali wine (cousin of Californian Zinfandel). We are stopping at family boutique vinary for presentation and wine tasting.
- 10 min drive back to the town of Ston town. Medieval place is famous for its great city walls – second largest preserved fortification system in the world, its charming Gothic center and its salt pans. Salt was major money generator in medieval times (salt was very dear and in high demand in those days).
- Walking tour of Ston and free time for additional optional wine tasting/snack/lunch
- 50 min drive back to Dubrovnik
- Air conditioned vehicle (private car/minivan/minibus)
- English speaking driver / guide through the entire journey
- Visits all along the proposed route, oyster tastings accompanied with local white wine, boutique winery presentation and tasting
- Port/hotel pickup and drop off
- Port entrance fee, car parking etc
Tour does not include:
- lunch (guide can recommend few restaurants options depending on the guests’ preferences)
- entrance tickets to Ston city walls or Ston salt pens – if you choose to visit them
TOUR DURATION 4,5-5,5 hours (depending on the traffic and lunch) WARNING: If you are coming by cruise ship, please inform your driver/guide of your final boarding time. We always plan for this tour to finish 60 min before your final boarding time.
GUARANTEED PRICES IN 2020:
- 2 persons, 149,00 EUR per person, 298,00 EUR in total
- 3 persons, 120,00 EUR per person, 360,00 EUR in total
- 4 persons, 110,00 EUR per person, 440,00 EUR in total
- 5 persons, 99,00 EUR per person, 495,00 EUR in total
- 6 persons, 90,00 EUR per person, 540,00 EUR in total
- 7 persons, 85,00 EUR per person, 595,00 EUR in total
- more then 7 persons – please send us an inquiry.
Please use inquiry form below to book our tour and we’ll send you request for PayPal payment upon checking our availability